Mizuno Wave Ibuki
MIZUNO WAVE IBUKI
After 300+ kms with Mizuno wave Ibuki I think It’s time to give it a decent review. Got this pair 1st week of March’ 2019, Tried it on different terrains during training’s. Then followed by an Ultra Race at Cordillera (Cordillera Mountain Ultra 47Kms with 3700 meters elevation gain followed by King of The Mountain Pulag 100, 114Kms with almost 8000 meters elevation gain). This trail shoes proves to be one of the great deals on the market.
This pair really excites me knowing that this shoes is quite different from the one I’m currently using (Mizuno wave Hayate 3) which is an aggressive type trail shoes.
This trail shoes features good deals like Internal wave to provide stability and cushioning which is great for Ultra Trail races and has a durable X10 outsole with an X-LUG design for a maximum, multi directional traction on the trails and A Gore-Tex upper to keep your feet dry and comfortable at all times (Tested this part on a 100Kms Race / Pulag 100). You can now take and elevate your game on any terrain!
The images of Mizuno Wave Ibuki shown above was taken after 300+kms of running on different types of trails. As we can see the lags are still intact, the upper mesh is still in good shape, all in all this trail shoes is still in excellent condition for a long adventure!
Weight: 340 Grams
Forefoot height: 17mm
Heel height: 29mm
Heel to toe drop: 12mm
Toe box: Regular
Market price: 6000 – 7500 Php
Technology used by Team Mizuno
– It offers enhanced level of stability to help offset pronation.
– It has an excellent amount of protection and a mid-soft cushioning level which is good for speed and ultra distance.
– It Has a strong traction which trail runner and outdoor enthusiast are looking for a various weather condition.
– New Outsole design with X-Lugs for increase grip on different direction.
– Resistant upper material with modern design.
– GoreTex upper for all weather condition to keep your feet dry and comfortable
– The X10 carbon rubber is abrasion-resistant. It improves the lifespan of the footwear’s outsole area.
WHAT IS WAVE TECHNOLOGY?
Inspired by nature, the Wave plate disperses energy from impact to a broader area providing a stable and smooth front ride.
Provides support in the area around the arch to keep you centered in the shoe. The unique structure of the midsoles in our support shoes assists with overpronation for those who need it.
Delivers a responsive and lively feel, allowing for an optimized heel-to-toe transition and a smoother running experience.